Maintenance optimization is one of the most popular reasons to use Aplicom products.
By collecting data remotely, over the air, from an engine, machine or other object, the status of a piece of equipment can be monitored in real-time. Data can be collected from the data bus of an object (generally the CAN bus) or by using sensors connected directly to an object.
Optimized maintenance, afforded by our telematics units, can extend equipment lifecycle and enhance customer satisfaction.
Benefits of telematics can include:
- Pro-active identification and replacement of weak or failing components
- More efficient spare parts logistics management
- Less failures and better customer satisfaction
- Less downtime
- Improved workshop load handling through better planning
- Direct feedback from monitored objects can aid product development cycles
Aplicom telematics units can communicate both ways, so you can also develop solutions that configure parameters remotely to optimise a piece of equipment for different usage scenarios.